Ledger Will Release The Desktop App This Week
Hardware cryptocurrency wallet manufacturer Ledger is going to launch a new application that will operate on almost any computer. Release for Windows, macOS and Linux will be available on June 9.
Company representatives report that the novelty will combine all functions which support other its applications, incluidid unify and multicurrency. Until now, Ledger users managed their coins with separate applications for Chrome.
Below there is a complete list of characteristics of the upcoming release:
- native desktop application (Windows, macOS, Linux);
- multicurrency support (28 cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, etherium and Ripple);
- support for various devices (Ledger Nano S, Ledger Blue);
- the ability to access the account only for reading without a device (protected with an additional password);
- dashboard of all assets;
- possibility of the choice of currency and exchanges;
- viewing of balance of the account and history of sending and receiving funds;
- confirmation before sending funds;
- verification of the address;
- the increased speed of account synchronization;
- simplicity of registration of new users.
After running the desktop application Ledger will throw all the forces to create a mobile version. According to the plans, the application for iOS and Android will be launched in the fourth quarter of this year. In the future, all applications will be able to support ERC20 tokens.